Chicken with Lemon and Olives
This is another slow cooker (crock pot) favorite of mine!
500 grams of boneless chicken
1 shallot, thinly sliced
3 medium cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
¼ cup pitted green olives
½ lemon, sliced (remove peel & pith to avoid bitterness)
1.5 c. water
1 tbsp. flour
salt & pepper to taste
Couscous, rice, or pasta for serving
1. Cut chicken into large pieces and put in the slow cooker.
2. Add the shallot, garlic, carrots, olives, and lemon slices. Then pour the water over top of everything and set slow cooker on low for about 7 hours.
3. If you have left the peel on the lemon, remove the slices after about 3 hours and set aside for garnish later.
4. Before serving, whisk in the tablespoon of flour and allow broth to thicken for about 10 minutes. (This gives you time to make the couscous!)
5. Serve over couscous for a delicious Moroccan-style dinner. If you're not into couscous, try rice or pasta, instead.