1 c. vegetarian vegetable broth (confirm soy-free)
½ c. apple cider
1 lb. pork roast
1 c. sliced carrots
½ c. sliced mushrooms
1 c. diced potatoes
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp. dried sage)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooked egg noodles for serving
1. Pour vegetable broth and cider into a slow cooker (crock pot). Stir. Set pork roast, fat side down, in liquid. Set crock pot to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. (You can pause at this point if your baby needs you.)
2. Add carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes to the crock pot. Stir in sage, salt, and pepper.
3. Put the crock pot cover on and cook for 2 hrs at 350-degrees.
4. Stir gently, reduce heat to 250-degrees Fahrenheit, and cook for another 3-4 hrs.
5. Before serving, use two forks to separate pork into smaller pieces.
6. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.