Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Crock Pot White Chili *
You may notice I love to use a slow cooker (crock pot) for soups and stews. Chili is another favorite slow cooker recipe of mine!
1 lb. pork ribs or riblets
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 sm. onion, diced
½ c. small white beans, drained
1 Tbsp. chili powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooked ditalini (or another small-size pasta) for serving.
1. Pour both cans of tomatoes into a large mixing bowl and stir in diced onions and chili powder. Mix well. (You can pause at this point if your baby needs you.)
2. Put ⅓ of the onion-tomato-chili mixture into the bottom of the crock pot and set it to high.
3. Lay pork ribs or riblets across onions & tomatoes.
4. Pour beans on top of pork ribs. Top with remaining onion-tomato-chili mixture.
5. Cook in the slow cooker on high for about five hours or on low for seven hours.
6. Add salt & pepper to taste. Stir gently.
7. Before serving, remove bones from pork ribs/riblets and return meat to pot.
8. Serve over cooked ditalini (or another small-size pasta) in a bowl.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.