2-4 fish filets (catfish, tilapia, or some other mild fish)
¼ cup flour
½ cup plain, panko bread crumbs (I used my store brand, which were milk-free and soy-free)
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
½ tsp. dried minced garlic
¼ tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put the flour on a large plate or cutting board.
3. Crack the egg into a wide, shallow bowl and scramble it.
4. Mix the panko crumbs, onion flakes, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a separate wide, shallow bowl.
5. Line a shallow baking pan with wax paper.
6. In an assembly line fashion, coat each filet first with flour, then dip in the egg, and finally coat with the panko-seasoning mixture. Place crusted filets on baking pan.
7. Bake crusted filets for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness), or until fish flakes easily with a fork.