Roasted Vegetables with Fried Egg
This is one of my favorite go-to lunches because it is both healthy and filling.
1/3 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 medium green zucchini, diced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
5 small, fresh Brussels sprouts, quartered
1 large tomato, diced (or 5 cocktail tomatoes, diced)
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
Dried herbs (such as thyme, dill, oregano, garlic, salt, and ground pepper)
1. Preheat oven to 150-Celsius (300-Fahrenheit).
2. Slice the stems off of the Brussels sprouts and remove the loosest outer leaves before cutting them into quarters. Dice and slice other vegetables.
3. Place vegetables into a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Add dried herbs to taste and then stir the vegetables to coat.
4. Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes.
5. Just as the vegetables are done, fry one egg in a non-stick skillet. I like mine sunny side up with the yolk just on the runny side.
6. When the vegetables are done, put them on a plate and then slide the fried egg on top.
NOTE: You can even break the egg on top of the vegetables and return them to the oven to bake the egg until it is cooked to your preference.