2 boneless center-cut pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 lg. green pepper, diced
1 med. yellow onion, diced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (opt. with green chilies)
1 dried red chili pepper
1 tsp. coriander seeds
1 tsp. dried minced garlic
7 whole allspice
½ tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. 100% pure canola oil
1 tsp. salt
2 cups of cooked rice
1. Cook the rice as early in the day as you can find time. If you have a rice cooker/steamer, the rice can sit in the cooker after it's finished until you're ready to use it.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add diced onions and green peppers. Saute until somewhat soft, about 7 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Add pork and stir to combine thoroughly.
5. Combine coriander, garlic, allspice, and cumin in a mortar bowl and crush with a pestle to mix. (or you can use the back of a spoon against the side of a teacup to crush the allspice and coriander seeds)
6. Add crushed spices and lime juice to simmering pork and stir to combine thoroughly.
7. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve over cooked rice.