Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Chicken de Mayo *
No, this recipe does not involve mayonaise. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I made this chicken and it turned out so delicious, I thought I'd share the recipe. Break out your rice cooker/steamer!
3 Chicken breast halves (or 1 lb. chicken parts)
10 oz can Rotel "Mexican Festival" diced tomatoes with lime juice & cilantro (undrained)
14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
3 teaspoons lime juice
1 Tbsp. ground dried cilantro seeds
1. Get out your baking dish.
2. Put the 2 cans of tomatoes in the dish.
3. Set chicken on top of tomatoes. (refrigerate if baby needs you at this point)
4. Drizzle one teaspoon lime juice over each chicken breast.
5. Sprinkle ground cilantro seeds over top of chicken. (refrigerate if baby needs you at this point)
6. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Cook uncovered for 30-minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
8. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.