Variations on Coconut Curry *
You can use any type of meat, or just the veggies with this basic recipe. Shown at right with chicken, potatoes, and green peppers.
Chicken or beef, cut into 1.5-inch cubes (optional)
2 russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 med. yellow onion, diced
10 baby carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp. yellow or green curry powder
10 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn (optional)
2 cups cooked rice
1. Cook the rice as early in the day as you can find time. If you have a rice cooker/steamer, the rice can sit in the cooker after it's finished until you're ready to use it.
2. If you are using meat in the recipe, brown the outsides of the meat in 1 tbsp olive oil. (cover and remove from heat if baby needs you at this point)
3. Cut vegetables as you find the time. Add to skillet.
4. Pour coconut milk over veggies/meat. Turn heat on low.
5. Add curry powder and stir to mix and coat veggies/meat.
6. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and/or veggies are just tender.
7. Serve over rice and enjoy!
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.