Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Curried Chicken and Cabbage
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 onion, chopped
¼ head of cabbage, sliced thinly
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
1 Tbsp 100% pure canola oil
2 cups of cooked rice
1. Cook the rice as early in the day as you can find time. If you have a rice cooker/steamer, the rice can sit in the cooker after it's finished until you're ready to use it.
2. Saute onion and cabbage in canola oil (burner on high) about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. With burner still on high, add chicken and sauté, turning occasionally, until chicken is browned but not thoroughly cooked (about 7 minutes).
4. Add tomatoes and curry powder and stir to combine thoroughly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
5. Simmer covered for approximately 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve over cooked rice.