Gingered Slow Roast
2 lb. beef roast
32-oz. carton vegetarian, soy-free vegetable stock
1 medium onion, chopped
10 baby Yukon or baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root or ginger paste
¼ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. ground marjoram
salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup carrots, sliced (add 2 hrs before done cooking)
egg noodles (for the side)
2. Add vegetable stock. Set slow cooker to low.
3. Add onion, potatoes, mushrooms, and all of the herbs and spices and stir, keeping the beef on the bottom of the slow cooker. Reserve carrots for later.
4. Allow roast and vegetables to cook in the crock pot for 5 hours.
5. Add sliced carrots and allow everything to cook for an additional 2 hours.
6. Cook egg noodles (confirm on package that the egg noodles contain no milk or soy ingredients). Drain. Set aside.
7. Divide roast into individual portions and serve. Serve vegetables and broth spooned over egg noodles.