Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Ginger-Lentil Stew *
6 baby Yukon potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 cup sliced raw carrots
1 cup packed baby spinach leaves (torn)
½ cup dried lentils, rinsed
3 cups vegetarian, soy-free vegetable stock (if you can’t find one, substitute water)
2 tsp. ginger paste
2 tsp. minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut vegetables as you find the time. Put in stew pot. (Can tend to baby if he/she needs you.)
2. Add lentils and vegetable stock to pot, turn heat on medium. (Can tend to baby if he/she needs you.)
3. Add ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper to pot. Reduce heat and cover. (Can tend to baby if he/she needs you.)
4. Simmer stew approximately 2 hours, until potatoes are tender.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.