Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Pasta with Meat Sauce *
1 lb. ground beef
2 cans crushed or diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
1/2 sm. onion, diced
5 white button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced or sliced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. box of your favorite type of pasta, cooked
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat.
2. Add tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and basil. Set on low to simmer. (If baby needs you at this point, you are now free to nurse or to run & change a diaper.)
3. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
4. Meat sauce can cook as little as one-half an hour after the vegetables have been added. The longer the sauce cooks, of course, the softer the veggies will be.
5. Serve pasta and top with sauce. Enjoy!
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.