You can poach a batch of chicken at the beginning of the week and refrigerate it in order to make quick lunches or snacks for a few days.
Chicken (2-3 boneless breast halves)
Salt & Pepper
1. Put chicken in pot or deep skillet; make sure it's big enough in which to boil as many pieces as you are making in a single layer.
2. Add enough water to cover so that the chicken is submerged about one inch below the water’s surface. Cover the pot or skillet.
3. Heat to a simmer on the stove, reduce heat to just below a simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Allow to cool in the poaching broth for about 10 minutes.
5. Slice or cube what you need, refrigerate the rest for a quick snack or meal the next day.
If you wish to add flavor to your poached chicken, you can use wine instead or water, or brew enough tea to cover the chicken. Add salt and pepper or fresh herbs to infuse the chicken with flavor while it’s cooking.