I recommend using pre-cooked polenta, which comes packaged ready to heat and serve. San Gennaro brand pre-cooked polenta packages do not contain any milk or soy ingredients (Traditional, Basil & Garlic, and Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic flavors are sold online). The polenta slices make a good side dish for meat or fish recipes, but can also make a filling lunch! Baked polenta slices are also good as a quick snack when topped with salsa.
1 package pre-cooked polenta
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes (drained)
1 tsp. sundried tomato paste
2 Tbsp. chopped or sliced olives
1 tsp. small capers
½ tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. dried oregano (or 1 tsp. minced fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unwrap polenta and cut into ½-inch slices, arrange on non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. While polenta is baking, combine tomatoes, paste, olives, capers, garlic, olive oil and oregano in a large sauté pan. (You can leave this sit if baby needs you.)
4. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Allow polenta slices to cool slightly and serve topped with the sauce.