Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Rice and Beans
This can be used as a side dish accompaniment to baked chicken or fish. A good rice cooker/steamer will allow you to cook rice without paying attention to a pot boiling on the stove.
1 cup white or jasmine rice
1 can beans (red or black are best for this recipe)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 green pepper, diced
1/4 onion, diced
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker.
2. Drain beans, put in 2-quart covered pot, set to low heat.
3. Add can of diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
4. Add green pepper & onion.
5. When rice is finished cooking, add to pot with beans and tomato mixture.
6. Remove from heat, stir and enjoy!
OPT - add sliced chorizo or sausage to cooking beans & tomatoes to make this a full meal (be sure to check sausage ingredients for milk or soy products!).