Nursing Mom Recipes
For nursing moms whose babies are sensitive to or allergic to milk and soy proteins.
Rosemary Carrots *
1 lb. baby carrots, sliced on an angle
1/4 cup olive oil
3 whole sprigs of rosemary
1 sprig of rosemary, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vermouth (dry)
1 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste
1. Cut carrots when you have about 20 mins.
2. Boil carrots with 2 sprigs of rosemary, until the carrots are just slightly tender. About 5-7 mins. Drain and put in medium sized bowl.
(If baby needs you, you have time to change a diaper, nurse, etc.)
3. Add olive oil, minced rosemary, minced garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, vermouth, salt and pepper.
4. Stir to coat all carrots. Garnish with last sprig of rosemary.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.