Simple Pork Stew *
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 med. onion, peeled & chopped
1 carrot, peeled & diced
¼ c. chopped mushrooms
¼ c. apple juice or white wine
1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
3 boneless pork chops, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 c. dry lentils, rinsed
3.5 c. water
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. tarragon
½ tsp. dried minced garlic
fresh ground pepper to taste
Cooked egg noodles (Pennsylvania Dutch brand Medium Egg Noodles contain no milk or soy ingredients)
1. Chop the onion, carrots and mushrooms. (You can break here if your baby needs you.)
2. Cut the boneless pork chops into cubes. (Refrigerate if baby needs you.)
3. In large saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté the onions and carrots for about 5 minutes.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cover to simmer for about 40 minutes.
6. Serve over egg noodles for a hearty meal.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.