Summer Chicken Stew *
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
½ pint button mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch slices
¼ c. lentils (check package to confirm no soy processing cross-contamination)
1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz.)
1 tsp. tarragon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
1. Put lentils in small bowl and let soak in hot water while you wash and cut the vegetables (about 15 minutes).
2. Add vegetables to deep skillet. (you can pause here if baby needs you)
3. Drain lentils and add to skillet.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and turn burner on high until stew begins to boil.
5. Stir gently. Reduce heat to medium-low simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30-35 minutes. (tend to baby if he/she needs you)
6. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: For extra calories, consider serving with steamed rice or orzo pasta.
* - Recipe can be done in short bursts of time during the course of a day.